Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Miniature Art and My Plans For the Year

A little over 3.5 inches in height and a tad bit bigger than 3 inches wide, this acrylic painting on paper is of an Arabian stallion at night (hence the moon in the top right corner).

This piece is still in progress. The Arabian foal alone is only 1.5 inches in height! I haven't decided exactly what I'm doing with the rest of the painting or if it will even stay the size it is. I may just cut it down in size (who knows). This one is acrylic on paper.
Another shot of the Arab foal painting. One thing I really need to do is get a smaller brush! These paintings were not easy with the rather large brush I used. I didn't have anything small enough so I wound up using the very tip of a corner of a larger brush and because of that it took a while to paint these.
In other news, I have decided to enter a couple of juried art shows this year. I have two in mind but I'm still on the fence as to which shows I will enter for sure. One show I may just enter is an equine themed show. I have no plans to specialize in equine art but I do seem to paint them best of all and the shows are more of a way to build up a resume so to speak than they are anything else so I really don't think it matters what the subject matter is. I'm also planning on trying my hand at more of these super tiny paintings. I like the challenge and the above foal has me feeling pretty good about this small size. Next I want to try some birds, deer and maybe some other types of animals as well as more horses. Don't forget that you can click on the pictures to see larger versions.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow! Beautiful work!
Would you consider doing a small portrait of my gelding, similar to the moonlit stallion?