Monday, January 5, 2009

Art and Snow

Shadowboxes featuring vintage wallpaper, vintage spun cotton mushrooms and vintage spun cotton birds.



Any snow over by you? We have plenty! Right now I'm looking out the window at over two feet of it. Today some people tried to use the driveway to turn around and wound up getting stuck! They were trying to back a front wheel drive car up the steep driveway and were having quite the time of it, LOL! Luckily my lovely husband Oliver was there to save the day. He told them to drive all the way down the driveway and then turn around. That did the job and they were up and out in a jiffy! I'm not used to so much snow but I must say I am enjoying looking at it from inside the house. It's very pretty but in my opinion not all too enjoyable to go out in. I do however love the lower temperatures we're having. I'm usually too hot so the cold is pleasantly perfect for me.

As you can see by the above picture, I've been busy painting again! I finally got around to doing two gnome paintings and then there's the six bird paintings, two landscapes and one deer painting. I also did six shadow boxes recently and two collages on canvas. I tend to paint pretty quickly and almost always have some sort of artwork going. I've gotten so bad about needing to create that I even embroider during movie watching on the couch because I just can't seem to stop! I'm a fabulous multi-tasker though and can work on artwork while paying close attention to my son as well as keeping a close eye on the dogs. Liam loves to drive his cars around on the table I paint at so of course I'm always careful to make sure the paint isn't too close to the edge. The last thing I need is a painted toddler running a muck :)

No comments: