Monday, August 25, 2008

Holy Crow! It's Been SO Long!


Okay so I haven't been very good at updating the old blog lately I'll admit. Life has been more than a little chaotic for us here. The house still needs work done, and I've been so busy with unpacking and the usual things I'm busy with. Mr. Bingley is doing well, he's such a doll. We've come to the conclusion that he is very much like our dear little Griffin (may he rest in peace). But with a slightly nuttier personality! Liam loves wiping apple sauce off his face and then having Bingley lick the stuff off his hands, Bingley of course does not object to it at all.
As for my art, I have done a little here and there. Most has been for my own home though, not for selling. I have more walls to dress up in this house and I want everything to be just right so I have quite a bit of work to do still before I will unvail my abode and the art that is within. Lately I've been on an early American folk art kick. I've found myself loving sheep, little red houses and other such cuteness. I'm putting my own spin on it all though! Also I work on my embroidery when I have time which is less often than I'd like. Liam loves rummaging thru my box of embroidery floss and then handing the little spools to Bingley to chew on. This of course is not something I like to encourage so it's rather difficult to sit down and get much of anything done.
My little art studio is looking lovely! I haven't been able to get very good pictures yet so I'm keeping it under wraps until my photos look at least somewhere near as good as the room itself looks. But I will say that if you love antique and vintage treasures and bright colors then you'll probably like my little piece of heaven! I love going in and just sitting sometimes. One especially lovely thing is that from my room I can hear the old town church bells and the town clock chiming. Living in a super old town full of ancient buildings is so wonderful I really can't even begin to describe it! It's like a dream come true! And I can VERY easily report that I will NEVER move back to British Columbia ever! It's like I was meant to be here.

No comments: