Monday, July 7, 2008

A New Friend


Meet Stanley. Stanley is a pigeon that decided to spend some time in my parent's yard a couple days back. As you can probably see from the picture Stanley's legs are banded which means he's not wild but rather someone's pet. Because of a large number of cats living across the street I thought it best to catch Stanley and try and find his owner. I managed to track down his owner thru the internet using the numbers on his leg band. It turns out Stanley is a girl and her owner is a teenage boy who uses her for racing. Stanley was in a race that started in Quebec and I guess she became tired and decided to take a break from flying in my parent's yard. To make a long story short, Stanley is now with her owner after having a nice vacation in an oversized birdcage in my parent's kitchen :) (Picture taken by my dad)

No comments: