Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New Artwork





I've been rather slow lately as far as my artwork is concerned. It's tough to be inspired and creative in such a different environment. Normally the little treasures around my home inspire me quite a bit and since I'm staying at my parent's right now my creativity just doesn't seem to be working as well as it usually does. I have done some art though, it's just taking longer than normal. The above pictures show what I've been up to. The silhouettes are available on Etsy as 5 x 7" prints for $7 and the original collages are also on Etsy. The collages were done on canvas board. I love doing collage but I sometimes try to do something a little different because I don't want to be known as just a collage artist. I prefer being refered to as a mixed media artist because I seem to dabble in so many things. I do find though that collage is what feels most natural to me, I don't necesarily need to be inspired to do collage.

2 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

The little bird collage is smashing! I love the vibrant colors!!

GABRIELA DELWORTH said...

Hello Kim,

Thank you so much for your comments on my work at Flickr...and that's how I end up in your OMG blog!!! You are so very talented.
Are you on for my party?

~ Gabriela ~