Monday, May 19, 2008

My New Home!

This is my soon to be new home. It's not exactly my dream house but It's old, it's roomy inside, and it's in a cute little town and I love that! As you can see it needs landscaping work done. I have plans for flower beds, some new trees, a driveway, a fenced backyard to keep my pups and my little bug safe and a vegetable garden in the back.

This is the street it's on. All of the houses are cute and old, there's a park at the bottem of the hill and according to the neighbors it's a quiet street.

Inside needs work. There is alot of work to be done infact. I love the staircase! We are going to paint the old floorboards rather than put new flooring over top to give it a quaint old country house appeal. Downstairs is going to be painted white while upstairs the walls are a creamy color.
There are three bedrooms upstairs. One for Oliver and I, one for Liam, and one for a future little someone. Downstairs there is a living room, dining room, a huge kitchen and a very large laundry room which is going to double as my art studio as it is the size of a medium sized bedroom. The ceilings downstairs are all very high which helps make the house seem even bigger inside. I love this little house!
We won't be moving in till the renovations are complete. My husband is working so hard on getting them done as quickly as he can. I'm sooooo looking forward to when I can start decorating with all of my vintage treasures!



4 comments:

Denise Felton said...

OMG. This is MY dream house! It is completely wonderful and so is the village. I cannot wait to see what you do with your new place.

Thea said...

I just love your new home - sure you are going to love living there. I looks so peacefull. In South Africa we do'nt get such lovely old houses, there are but very expensive. So enjoy... also looked at your art, love it....

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new home!! I love your new house! What a dream! The neighborhood is so sweet!

Bridget
Northern CA

Cotton Picker said...

I love old houses and I like the look of yours. I look forward to seeing how you decorate.