Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Latest Finds





I've been going vintage crazy as of late. Shopping for old things is like going on a treasure hunt except so much better! The above pictures are of some of my latest finds. Do you see a color theme going on up there? My new favorite colors are green and yellow but I've been having difficulty passing up the occasional blue item as well. The Hardy Boys books are for my son's room, for now they'll just be a decoration but maybe someday he'll enjoy reading them. The little cow salt and pepper shakers are vintage Enesco with their sticker intact. I also found a set of three blue Amish pattern Pyrex nesting bowls, some lovely tin canisters, two fabulous old wooden chairs complete with chippy paint and other great treasures that I love so much!
I must admit that I'm getting antsy about moving into my new home. Staying with my parents has been nice and I'm comfortable here but I long for a place of my own. Most especially a place where I can set up my collections and pretty things. I also desperately miss making art! I've been embroidering to pass my time but collage is my first love and I very much want to pick up a paintbrush. I've been so inspired since I moved to Nova Scotia and feel that I really need to get that inspiration out in the form of artwork.

2 comments:

trisha too said...

I love treasure hunting, too!

And Alice in Wonderland--curiouser and curiouser . . .

Yes, paint does make everything a little better. You'd best do some before you go into withdrawals . . .

~woolcotton~ said...

lots of treasure there! beautiful choices.I hope there are lots of vintage still left when I move down there :D

Sue