Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Introducing.......Nestlings!





Here they are, the project I spoke of in my last post but didn't have pictures for. I managed to take some decent photos and couldn't wait to get them on the internet! These little birds are called Nestlings, I sculpted them from paperclay which I then hand-painted in acrylics. The nests are made of bits and pieces of yarn, ribbons, buttons, lace and other such lovlies. The white velvet leaves are vintage. Each nestling is different and I plan on making more of them as soon as I can get a chance. My favorite is the blue one which I've named Henry :)

4 comments:

Momxxx said...

Your little nestlings are so cute and funny. You have a great imagination Kim.

Debby

Krysta said...

I've got to say that I love absolutely everything you make - it's all so wonderful! I especially love your new Nestlings and I do agree - Henry is the best! He's my fave too!

casserole said...

Oh, he's a cutiepie!!

Helen said...

These are too cute! Your blog is awesome :)