Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Some More Artwork and a Love of Paper




Two acrylic paintings on watercolor paper and a vintage ephemera collage on watercolor paper. The vintage lovelies are not the originals, I just couldn't bring myself to covering them in glue and paint. Instead I scanned the originals and printed out copies to use in my artwork. I collect anything vintage but have a special fondness for paper. Old fashion magazines, prints, postcards, photos, cabinet cards, Victorian trading cards and labels are just a few of the different sorts of vintage paper items I collect. The oldest in my collection are two beautiful original fashion plates (full page pictures from a magazine) from an 1824 Pariesian fashion magazine. I try not to collect anything newer than 1920 with the 1800's being my favorite time period. All of my collection (except some huge prints, an old 1870's marriage license and my antique books and magazines) is packed safely in plastic sleeves in a huge binder so I can look through it whenever I feel the urge.

No comments: