Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Sad Little Attempt at Christmas






Well, here it is in all it's glory! Unfortunately about half of my christmas decorations are missing so this will have to do this year. Hopefully next year I'll be able to spend more on building up my collection of ornaments again. Still, it's rather pretty for a simple decorating scheme. My tree skirt is also missing so I used an embroidered Indian sari that does the trick nicely! The cute little snowman was a very thoughtful gift from my husband :). The toughest thing this year will be keeping my son away from the tree. He can't walk yet but he has mastered the art of bouncing his bouncy chair around the room and somehow it keeps winding up right next to the tree. Apparently the pointsetta flowers on my tree are tasty, as he's already taste tested one :)!

11 comments:

Dena ~ swaddlecottage said...

I think the best part about a home at the holidays are the loved ones that call it that..."home". Your tree is beautiful with those white flowers :)

Hugs,
Dena

Southern Heart said...

Very, very pretty! Your home is very warm and welcoming!

xoxo, Andrea

The Rose Cottage said...

Your holiday home pictures are just lovely :)

Adeline's Shabby Cottage said...

I love the tree!! Very pretty!! brittany

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

What a pretty holiday home you have!!! And your little love bug is adorable! You'll have a fabulous Christmas spending it with your little one!

Miss Sandy said...

I just love your little snowman. Thank you for a peek at your cozy home. Merry Christmas, Miss Sandy

Don & Debby said...

From the time you were a little girl, you've had a wonderful talent for setting a stage, conjuring a picture of magical coziness! The photos of your little home prove it. Bravo Kim. And kisses for Liam. I wish I was there with you guys.

Love from Momxxx

Alison Gibbs said...

It looks really pretty. Love the tree. The best and most treasured decoration in your house would have to be...your darling baby.
Alison

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Very pretty! :)

Debbie said...

I don't think it looks sad at all! It looks like it's full of love and some darling decorations to me :)

Be Inspired Always said...

I love the white flowers on your tree.


Jillian