Thursday, September 27, 2007

To Nova Scotia I go.....

I apologize for how long it has taken me to post since my last. I've been consumed by the website I'm creating for my artwork. I'm not only putting the website together on my own but I'm also creating all of the graphics for it myself which is taking such a dreadfully long time. I'm handpainting them all and then scanning them into my computer, I then resize and change a few things around on photoshop before adding them to the website. While the whole process is rather dull I'm determined to do it all myself, and considering I'm completly clueless when it comes to technology it's taking alot longer than it probably would someone who is familiar with these things. So that's what I've been up to lately.

And now for the fun news! I'm heading to Nova Scotia this Saterday! It's going to be quite the trip, especially with a baby in tow but I'm looking forward to it. I'll be visiting my parents and getting to know the area a little better for when my husband, son and I finally move there ourselves in a couple of years. My parents live in a 70 year old farmhouse on about 20 acres of forest and hay fields on the outskirts of the little town of Oxford. I'm very excited to finally see their farm in person, go for a ride on my mum's grey Arab mare Ambra, see the seaside city of Lunenburg and take strolls along the beach! I'll be gone for a little more than a week and will post pictures of my trip upon my return :) .

4 comments:

Miss*Laurence said...

Kim,
Have a great trip, the area sounds so idyllic! I can't wait to see the pictures, you'll come back with lots of new artistic ideas! Congratulations on your website too. I know what you mean, I made mine all by myself too, there are only so many hours in a day! Anyway you need a rest now after hours trying to fit the pictures in the right place, with the text in the right font, and reorganizing your sitemap! x L.

Don & Debby said...

So that is what you have been up to lately. I have been checking on your process every day or two and nothing, til now! Yahoo, I get to see you guys soon!

Love from Momxxx

the LaNd of fOrGoTtEn dReAmS said...

OMG sounds so wonderful! you guys are adopting me too right! LOL. Hope you have a safe & wonderful trip! & your package should be waiting for you when you get back!!! I just received yours.... Gorgeous!!! and I'm jealous I always wanted to put a web site together BUT never got there & with that program I am clueless (for now...)

audrey h. said...

Beautiful painting. Hope you are having a wonderful time :o)