Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Halloween Kitty


This was sort of an experiment I did yesterday. I normally don't do cats because I'm a dog person and I also don't usually paint Halloween themed artwork but I was inspired by the latest issue of Somerset Studios which featured alot of orange artwork so I thought I'd try something different. I started out with the pumpkins which were going to be part of an autumn themed collage but I quickly became bored with that idea and it soon turned into a Halloween kitty with an especially long tail :). I really like it, it has a definate folk art vibe. As always it's done in acrylics with some scrapbook paper, ribbon, trim and a paper flower added. Please excuse the slightly blurry picture, I'm not the best photographer early in the morning :) !

2 comments:

Maureen McCabe said...

I love it. I'm more of a dog person myself but pumpkins and cats go together.

karin (creativechaos) said...

I really like it!