Ick! 3:47 in the morning and I can't sleep, so not fun! Well, I'm going to take this time to do the I've been tagged thing :) . http://thelandofforgottendreams.blogspot.com/ has tagged me and I'm supposed to ..... 1. Link to my tagger and post these rules.2. Share 7 facts about me: some random, some weird...all devastatingly interesting.3. Tag 7 people at the end of my post and list their names (linking to them).4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs. Okay, so here goes.....
1. I have great difficulty drinking out of glasses! I just can't stand them, I have to use a mug. Just like some people cannot endure finger nails on a chalk board I cannot endure drinking out of glasses. I also absolutely dispise drinking out of anything but a paper cup at coffee shops! Weird huh? And you thought you were strange :) Friends and family are very nice about making sure they don't give me glasses to drink out of, very thoughtful I think considering I'm a nut!
2. I have been told by practically every new person I meet (as well as my husband who fully understands I'm bizarre) that I don't sound Canadian at all. According to them my accent is always changing. I tend to pick up other peoples accents from television and movies. If I watch a british movie for the next day or so I have a slight british sound to my voice. I personally don't notice it but my husband really gets on my case about it. I think he's imagining things :)
3. I, on a regular basis, dream at night that people are trying to kill me. But don't think that's a bad thing because oddly enough I actually enjoy these dreams, go figure! In these dreams I always wind up using some sort of Jackie Chan style move to karate chop the baddy into oblivion saving myself from a horrible death and making myself feel all proud and mighty :)
4. The great John L. Sullivan is an ancestor of mine. Who is this Sullivan you ask? He's only the very best bare knuckle boxer in all the world! You can find him in the encyclopedia. Pretty nifty I think!
5. I spent 2 years of my life living like a Gypsy. My husband and I along with our two Chihuahuas used to live in a 30 foot long fifth wheel camping trailer out in the middle of nowhere on Vancouver Island surrounded by forest and the occasional bear. We owned acreage in Qualicum. I even had my horse living in a paddock my husband built next to the trailer. In winter our hoses would freeze up and I would have to carry large buckets of ice cold water from the well to my horse numerous times a day. Sometimes the propane would run out in the middle of the night and we (my husband, the dogs and myself) would have to snuggle up under the covers in bed to try to stay warm. I once had to make coffee on a fire outside because there was no propane to boil water on the stove and I even had to wash my hair outside in a large bucket of ice cold rain water on a chilly autumn day because we ran out of water in the trailer (the water was very clean, no worries there). And you know what? I absolutely LOVED it! I've never had so much fun in my life and miss that lifestyle everyday. But you can't easily raise a baby in a trailer so we had to move into a house. At the top of this post are some pictures of my Gypsy life :)!
6. I'm terribly passionate about the treatment of animals. I'm 100% against pet shops because of where they get their animals (puppy mills) and I rather dislike backyard breeders. By backyard breeders I mean people who don't spay or neuter their pets and then allow them to run amuck around town resulting in mixed breed puppies that usually wind up spending a good part of their lives in shelters because there are too many unwanted pets out there. My heart goes out to these poor animals who don't have responsible people to care for them :( . I have absolutely nothing against people who own mixed breed dogs though, just people who breed them for a quick buck or people who aren't responsible enough to keep their non-fixed pets indoors. All pets should be treated as members of the family and given as much love as possible in my opinion :)
7. Last but not least, I love to torture myself! I thoroughly enjoy drinking the strongest coffee on earth! The worse it tastes the better! My morning cup of coffee is strong enough it could wake the dead with one sip. When the instructions on the can say 2 scoops, I add 5! I only have one cup a day but that's more than enough :)! My coffee is so disgusting that I have to have a sip of water after every sip of coffee just to help myself tolerate the scary taste. I love it though! I look forward to every cup like a kid looks forward to Christmas morning. When I was pregnant with my son I gave up coffee entirely even before I knew I was pregnant, just in case. Now THAT was torture! I spent a good part of every day asleep only because I desperately needed that coffee!
Well, there you have it, the end of my tagging and the beginning of someone elses :) Here's who I'm tagging.....
Thea Burger in South Africa http://shadesoflife-thea.blogspot.com/ , her artwork is lovely!
Anne Julie in France http://www.annejulie-art.com/blog/ , absolutely ADORABLE art!
Laurence in the UK http://editionslm.typepad.com/ , have you seen her incredible bags?
Dawn in the US http://www.artistreborne.typepad.com/ , sooooooo creative! Love her stuff!
Audrey in the US http://smallcreations.blogspot.com/ , another creative soul! Beautiful artwork!
I'm afraid I can't come up with seven right now, seems I need to check out more blogs! Anyway, take a look see at the lovely artwork on these ladies blogs, you won't be disappointed!