Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Some lovely home decor....



These are some of the projects I've done in my spare time. The cone is filled with bits and peices of nature from the acreage my husband and I used to own on Vancouver Island. I used to take long walks up into the woods on the mountain at the back of my property on a daily basis looking for bits and peices for my art projects. My cone contains twigs, moss, dried grasses, a dried leaf skeleton and some dried tree fungi. This cone is very special to me as it reminds me of those happy days trekking through the woods no matter the weather conditions :).
The other project shown is made of scrapbook papers, lace, trim, buttons and recycled horse show rosettes. I had a huge box full of rosettes that were just a waste of space so I thought I'd put them to good use. This now hangs in my bedroom :).

9 comments:

Lina said...

The rosettes are so sweet!!

Heartinmyhand said...

Very nice. Love your art work. And that little boy is a cutie

Kim McCabe said...

Thankyou both for your kind words :)

Sandy McTier said...

Love the cone! Just had a lovely browse through your blog and have to tell you how magical your ART is! Thanks for the inspiration.

Sandy

Miss*Laurence said...

Interesting idea to store things in a cone on the wall.. I'll have to adapt the idea to my stuff. Loved the artwork for Liam as well.

Kim McCabe said...

Thanks Sandy and miss laurence for the comments!

Bejeweled said...

I'm just now getting around to all the blogging parties :)

Your artwork is amazing!!! I love your paintings, especially the ones you did for the nursery.

Kim McCabe said...

Thanks bejeweled!

Amy P said...

I'm still getting around to the parties! I've enjoyed your blog!