Thursday, August 23, 2007

Little English Cottage



I've had the urge recently to paint a cottage and while I've never done so before I think my attempt is quite cute :)! I'm the first to admit that it's nowhere near perfect but I still like the results enough to keep this little lovely for myself. I think a fancy little antique gold frame will do nicely! The edges were trimmed off in photoshop because the picture I took was a bit warped looking so there are some missing elements to this view but you get the idea. This is a very small painting done in acrylics and colored pencil on paper. I think I'm going to keep painting cottages every now and then, this one was fun!

3 comments:

Miss*Laurence said...

Kim, your drawings are so lovely, I love the umbrella girl and the cottage. I'm really impressed that you have time to draw/paint everyday with Liam ! I like the gentle lines of your drawings, and you are so talented too, I can't wait to see more!

Don & Debby said...

When you were painting this, were you thinking that you would like to live here? It would be very cozy I think.

Kim McCabe said...

Thankyou Miss Laurence for your comment, it's always nice to know that my work is appreciated :)! Liam is the perfect baby for anyone needing time to paint. He rarely fusses and as long as he's beside me while I'm painting he's usually pretty happy. It doesn't hurt that I've mastered the art of multi-tasking though! I can feed him his bottle with one hand and paint with the other :)!