Monday, August 13, 2007

Bluberries, Cars and Flea-markets





What a busy weekend! Saturday I woke up at 4:30 in the morning to make sure we (my husband, son and myself) arrived at the flea-market right when it opened. I managed to walk away with some nice treasures, including a lovely framed painting of a vase of roses for only $10! I also purchased a couple of old photos. After the flea-market we stopped in the town of Cloverdale where they were having their annual blueberry festival. The festivities included a fabulous car show where we enjoyed viewing beautiful vintage cars in bright colors. There was also a small art display featuring one particularily talented sculptor whose charming pottery was not only lovely but cleverly imaginative.


Sunday was equally busy. We decided to attend another flea-market this time closer to home. I was lucky enough to find someone selling a large collection of old black and white photos for only $20 which I immediately snatched up making my own collection so much more impressive! After the flea-market we headed to Ikea to purchase some frames for my artwork where I also came across some lovely white lace curtains priced at only $14 for two panels! The curtains are very long and once hung will puddle on the ground just like I like. Needless to say I'm very happy with my purchases!

No comments: