Thursday, August 30, 2007

Another Marie Antoinette Style Painting!


Well here she is! My lovely Josephine :) . Josephine was done in acrylics and colored pencil, the pink background is scrapbook paper and the whole thing was done on a 9x12 wooden plaque. I painted some trim gold and hot glued it around the front to look like a frame and then I painted some paper flowers gold as well and glued them over the spot where the two ends of the trim meet. Don't you think it's pretty? Oh, the flowers in her hair are victorian scraps I bought at Michaels.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I lover her! So you painted directly on scrap paper. How cool is that? She turned out really pretty. Love the scrap and flowers that look like trim and the flowers in her hair.

Don & Debby said...

You are lucky to have such a co-operative little bug Kim. When you were a baby, I sure didn't have enough time to paint! Your howling was horribly distractiung from being creative.

Just don't forget to hug him lots between pictures.

Love Momxxx

Dawn said...

Wow! this is amazing! I have been watching your blog for a couple of weeks, now, and I love your style. I am thoroughly impressed that you can get in that much paint time...I think I need a nanny!

Kim McCabe said...

Thankyou all for the kind words :)! Cindy, I actually didn't paint on the scrapbook paper. I painted Josephine on drawing paper and then cut her out and glued her to the scrapbook paper :). Dawn,
I'm just really good at multi-tasking! As I type this comment I'm feeding my son his bottle :). Plus getting my artwork done is easy with such a content little man, things may change when he starts to walk and I have to chase him around the house :)!

the LaNd of fOrGoTtEn dReAmS said...

your work amazes me! Love the powdered wigs! I must do alot more myself! have alot just waiting to be finished! can't wait to see what's next!

Oh & I must tag you too! (see my
9-7 blog yes, I'm annoying! LOL. but if you don't want to it's not a huge deal! (((Smiles)))