Thursday, July 26, 2007

New work!




The above painting was finished today. I decided to try doing something a little different with the background and I made her face a little less realistic than I usually do. I really like her and have named her "Celeste". She's done in the usual mediums, acrylics and colored pencil on watercolor paper.

As for the rest of my day, well I'm going to the dentist! How exciting! I had a wisdom tooth extraction done recently and they just want me back to see how I'm healing so hopefully it'll be a short visit. After that, who knows. I'm looking forward to starting my next painting although I have no clue what I want to paint. I'm thinking I should try another woman with brightly colored hair, possibly bright blue or Green! Anyway, tomorrow I should have more pictures of artwork to share. Off to the dentist I go......

5 comments:

Gabi said...

Hi :)
I really really loved your fantastic work in flickr. Thanks for to add me, can enjoy all the magic that in yur picture is possivel to find: so much!

I loved your woman, Celeste (oh, beauty name!!!), Anastasia...

To paint is a work mysterious and wonderful to me, that i think that i never can to do... still i to wish to paint think to kids, like dynosaurius, monsters, frogs, flowers... you know :)

In other hand, im scarry with the dentist... Good luck to you :)

Don & Debby said...

Hi Kim,
Your ladies are lovely. I am so proud to be the mom of such a talented artist. Momxxx

Kim McCabe said...

Thankyou so much mum, I love you soooooooo much and miss you almost as much! And I'm proud to be the daughter of such a great mum!

Kim McCabe said...

Thankyou gabi for your kind words I really appreciate your comment!

Holly said...

Don't forget I taught her everything she knows ;)